Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: March 23, 2022
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully. These apply to any individual taking an online program or online module with “American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc.” These Terms and Conditions represent a legally binding contract between you and American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc.
A. General Enrollment Process
- Enrollment can be processed online via our website at americantesolphils.com.
- The person enrolling must be at least 18 years of age. Upon enrollment, you must provide a valid government ID and 2x2 photo to be uploaded via our platform. You are also responsible for the accuracy of your personal details.
- Payments can be made directly via PayPal, GCash, Bank Transfer, or Credit and Debit Card. These methods will require uploading a proof of payment, such as a screenshot or scanned deposit slip, in order to confirm your enrollment and obtain access to your chosen modules.
- A new account will be created for you upon enrollment; however, please note that the modules will remain locked until the payment has been completed. Kindly submit the payment within 48 hours and please allow the American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc. team time to process and confirm your payment so you can gain access to the modules.
- Please take note of the payment deadlines for each program and mode of delivery. Missing the enrollment payment on your chosen program and mode of delivery will be regarded as enrollment cancellation. You will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours from the time of enrollment. If you do not receive an email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your payment has been confirmed, a contract will now exist between you and American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc. and all terms and conditions apply.
- Paying for a program indicates that you have read the terms and conditions, and officially enrolls you as a student of American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc.
- Upon issuance of your confirmation of enrollment from American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc., you have 5 days to inform us if you are unable to continue and wish to withdraw from the program. Failure to do so forfeits your eligibility for a refund. Any document requests made will also be non-refundable at this stage.
- Once you have accessed the modules, you will be deemed to have started the course and will no longer be able to obtain a refund if you choose to cancel your enrollment.
- Any refunds will undergo administrator approval and therefore can take up to 7 to 10 days to process. Refunds will be issued via direct deposit or by pick-up at the ATI office.
- American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc. will only negotiate with you accordingly should any cancellations or disputes arise.
B. Program Prices
- All prices advertised on our website are correct at the time of posting. However, American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc. reserves the right and discretion to change prices at any time. Please check our website’s course pages and social media accounts for up-to-date prices and special offers before you enroll.
- Discounts and coupon codes have expiration dates indicating the last day that these can be used. Expiration dates are stipulated when the promotional codes are issued to you.
C. TESOL Program Packages
Advanced TESOL NOW
- General Terms
- Partial or installment payments are available for Advanced TESOL NOW enrollees under Individual and Phase Module Access.
- Upon completion of the first module, students who enrolled under Individual Module Access may pay PHP 925.00 each to access the remaining modules. Upon payment and completion of nine (9) modules, students shall be upgraded to Modules 10 to 12 automatically for free.
- Upon completion of the first four (4) modules, students who enrolled under Phase Module Access may pay PHP 2,800.00 to access the next four (4) modules. After that, Modules 9 to 12 may be accessed upon payment of PHP 1,900.00
- All module access options shall only be available for one (1) month upon confirmation of enrollment. Should the student choose to extend the duration of their module access, they must pay an additional fee depending on the module access they have purchased.
- Partial or installment payments are available for Advanced TESOL NOW enrollees under Individual and Phase Module Access.
- Access Options
- Individual Module Access - This provides access to only a single module at a time.
- Phase Module Access - This allows the student to finish a series of four modules at a time.
- Full Module Access - This provides access to all the modules of a chosen program at the same time.
- Access Option Terms
- Individual Module Access or Phase Module Access may be upgraded only to the All Module Access option. Note that changing your mode of access is permanent and irreversible, and this must be decided before starting on the fourth module of your chosen program.
- Opting for the Individual Module Access or Phase Module Access limits your access to only those chosen modules. However, some modules are designed to be taken in a linear fashion, which means that access to the advanced modules will be gated by completion of the prerequisite modules first.
- Students under Individual Module Access or Phase Module Access who wish to upgrade their access option may pay the remaining balance, to be subtracted from the All Module Access fee.
- Students may request for assistance from the Academic Support Staff upon changing their access option.
- Book a Faculty
- ATI also offers an online Book-A-Faculty service, where students can meet with ATI-certified teachers and have one-on-one tutoring sessions to discuss any of the modules in the Advanced TESOL NOWprogram.
- For each session, the student can choose to book the faculty for one to three hours. The schedule will be decided by mutual agreement of the teacher and student.
- Once the payment has been processed and schedule has been confirmed, there is now a binding contract between the student and teacher. This means that the student is expected to show up on the day of the scheduled session; no refund will be provided if the student misses the session. If the teacher does not show up, the teacher will return the fees accordingly to the student.
- The Zoom session will be recorded to allow ATI to check whether the time schedule was followed and the correct modules were discussed.
- No personal information should be shared during the Zoom session. In case of any concerns with how the meeting was handled, the student can contact ATI through the Academic Support Staff who will attend to the student’s needs accordingly.
Advanced TESOL Virtual
- Virtual Class Access offers a mixed learning setup that combines both teacher-facilitated (i.e., synchronous) discussions and asynchronous activities.
- Staggered payments are accepted only for the Virtual Class option. This will require payment of a reservation fee of PHP 5,000.00 and further completion of the tuition fee according to a scheduled payment scheme.
- The remaining balance must be settled to be able to continue the virtual class. Failure to pay by the designated due date will result in a locked account. Lock out will be considered as a missed session.
- Virtual class has a specified class schedule for teacher-facilitated discussions, and attendance to all of these sessions will be required in order to finish the program. However, ATI reserves the right to cancel a class if enrollees do not reach the minimum count. Students will be advised to shift to a different class schedule or convert to the TESOL NOW program. They will also be connected with an Academic Support staff whom they can contact for questions and concerns.
- Failure to attend any of the synchronous discussions will require a retake to complete the program. Students will be required to pay a retake fee of PHP 1,250.00 per day of absence so that they can attend the corresponding make-up sessions. The retake fees will be waived only for students with medical emergencies, upon confirmation with a valid medical certificate.
- Retakes can only be pursued within the year of the student’s enrollment to the original class. Missing the retake window would mean forfeiting the chance to finish the program.
Advanced TESOL Face-to-Face
- In-person classes shall follow a set schedule, and attendance to all sessions will be required to complete the program and earn the certificate.
- Absences or failure to attend a session will require a retake to finish the program. Students will be required to pay a retake fee of PHP 1,250.00 per day of absence so that they can attend the corresponding make-up sessions. The retake fees will be waived only for students with medical emergencies, upon confirmation with a valid medical certificate.
- ATI reserves the right to cancel a class if enrollees do not reach the minimum count. Students will be advised to shift to a different class schedule or convert to the virtual program. They will also be connected with an Academic Support Staff whom they can reach out to for questions and concerns.
- ATI shall ensure the safety of its students by enforcing general health protocols mandated by the national and local government unit. The students are expected to abide by these set rules upon entry to the school.
D. Program Completion and Certification
- You will not be issued a certificate if you have any absences in synchronous sessions; incomplete modules; and/or failed submission of activities, assessments and teaching demos.
- You will be given the option to purchase a program certificate upon enrollment or after you have completed the program you enrolled in.
- American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc. will email you to verify the accuracy of your personal details upon completion of our program. You are liable for any changes to your personal details once certificate requests have been processed.
- Issuance of a certificate and transcript of records can take an estimated two months of processing. Documents can be picked up in our office or shipped to you at your own expense.
- American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc. will not be held liable for any certificates or documents that are damaged during courier transit to the student’s location.
- Each additional copy or request for certificates and other similar documents must be paid for by the student to American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc.
- The cut-off date for endorsing certificate requests to the United States is on the 25th of every month. Missing the cut off automatically places you in the next month’s batch of certificate requests.
- Students enrolled in Individual or Phase Module for Advanced TESOL NOW will be issued a certificate upon the completion of 12 modules.
E. Limitation of Liability
American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc. does not accept any liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or disruption of external nature, including but not limited to, natural disasters such as floods, fire and adverse weather conditions; nuclear disasters; civil disturbance such as strikes, riots; wars and terrorist activities; industrial action; sickness; or force majeure, which represents any other unusual or unforeseeable circumstances outside of reasonable control. Such losses or additional expenses are your responsibility.
If, at any time, you are dissatisfied with the online programs of American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc., please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will endeavor to respond as quickly as possible, with a maximum response time of 30 days following the receipt of your complaint.
G. Accuracy of Marketing Materials
American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc. makes every effort to ensure that the marketing material on our website is up-to-date and accurate. We endeavor to deliver our programs as advertised and will do our best to inform you of any changes to our courses. We take no responsibility for any material that is interpreted differently, and we reserve the right to alter any of the information presented on our website at any time we deem appropriate.
H. The Law and its Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of and in connection with them or their subject matter (including no contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc. Rules and Regulations and the Courts of Pasig City shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising out of these terms.
I. Third Party Rights
A person that has no connection to the program shall have no rights in the contract.
Once you accept these Terms and Conditions, you enter a contract between American TESOL Philippines Inc. and yourself.
American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc. reserves the right to change any of the content, text and visual material, prices, promotional offers, mode of delivery and/or time period of the courses at any time. We advise you to read and accept the terms and conditions at the time of enrollment.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
All material on this website is owned by American TESOL Institute Philippines Inc. This includes all modules and all their contents, resources, marketing spiels, video and audio, graphics, design and appearance. As per the Terms and Conditions, no material on this website or related courses can be copied or reused by anyone without the permission of American TESOL Philippines Inc.